locked
OCS Front End Server Service Stopped RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello Everyone,

     

    This is my first time posting here.

     

    I have an OCS EE server installed into a domain that also has an LCS 2005 SP1 standard server in it as well. We are not using any external access and have no director.

     

    I had the OCS server installed and up and running and have moved several users over, all was tested and working. We could chat to and from both OCS and LCS as well as use the web conferencing functioality in OCS.

     

    After applying the Windows Update KB 956389, the front end server service would not longer start. The errors I am now getting are:

     

    The process DataMCUSvc(2464) failed to send health notifications to the MCU factory at https://localhost:444/LiveServer/MCUFactory/.
    Failure occurrences: 258, since 11/25/2008 3:06:37 PM.

    The process AcpMcuSvc(2884) failed to send health notifications to the MCU factory at https://localhost:444/LiveServer/MCUFactory/.
    Failure occurrences: 64, since 11/25/2008 3:46:16 PM.

    The process IMMcuSvc(3308) failed to send health notifications to the MCU factory at https://localhost:444/LiveServer/MCUFactory/.
    Failure occurrences: 64, since 11/25/2008 3:45:55 PM.

     

    I am not sure where it is now getting the localhost:444 URL and not the real server addresses.

     

    Please Help.

     

    Thank you.

     

    Tuesday, November 25, 2008 9:29 PM

All replies

  • Are you also seeying this event in the application log?

     
    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: .NET Runtime 2.0 Error Reporting
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 5000
    Date:  21/11/2008
    Time:  1:03:08 PM
    User:  N/A
    Computer: SERVER-COMMS
    Description:
    EventType clr20r3, P1 rtcaggregate.exe, P2 3.0.6362.0, P3 46a4ccc0, P4 rtcaggregate, P5 3.0.0.0, P6 46a4ccc0, P7 6d, P8 0, P9 system.indexoutofrangeexception, P10 NIL.

     

    It is the update package for Communications Server 2007: November 2008

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/956389

     

    If you remove the update does it work again?

     

    Wednesday, November 26, 2008 12:14 AM
  • Thank you for your response, I was not seeing the .Net errors, removing the patch did not solve the issue. I have somewhat resolved the issue, the reason that the service was not starting was because somehow our default domain got unchecked in the domain global settings of OCS. Once I set a default domain again and let it replicate the servers started again withour errors. The issue we are having now though, that we did not have prior to the patch, is that when the server is rebooted it takes approx. 15-20 minutes for the OCS services to startup. It seems that it is taking an extremely long time to read from teh domain controller.

     

     

    Saturday, November 29, 2008 2:17 AM