CRM Dynamics 2011 - Trouble Sending Emails with Dialogs RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have a dialog that creates a new email message to send to dynamic users upon meeting certain criteria. I have created the dialog with a Sys Admin user and in testing with that admin user it works as expected and sends a new email message. The email message is structured as the From field being a common sys admin account (as is our practice with workflows) and the To field being a dynamic user depending on the dialog results. When testing with a different user, I get an error saying that I cannot send emails as the selected user. I don't think it is a security role permissions issue because the other user I used to test is another Sys admin role.

Is this because the From field of the user is not the same user that initiated the dialog session? Shouldn't there be a way to allow the email to send from a common sys admin account?

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

kspicer

Monday, September 19, 2011 2:06 PM

All replies

• Has anyone else attempted to use a common Sys Admin account for sending emails in Dialogs? Can anyone please provide some insight as to why this might not be working or offer some suggestions?

Thanks,

kspicer

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 1:03 PM