Windows not genuine again and terrible support from India RRS feed

• Question

• When I originally installed Win 7 64 bit, it was on a PC with a new hard drive, realizing I only had upgrade CD's I thought I'd call tech support and check. They got the version installed and all was fine for a month. Then my Network card died, I replace it and the "not genuine" message appears. I have now been on the phone for in excess of 2 hours being cut off and sent in circles, only to eventually find out I need to remove Win 7 & and go back to a prior version and start over. Not acceptable now as I'm months in with this PC, not to mention I've only been buying upgrades since the first Windows years ago, and this PC has no diskette drive.  Just not acceptable or practical.

I'm so frustrated not to mention the hours I've wasted on a busy weekend.

Saturday, January 29, 2011 9:57 PM

Answers

• "john_bloy" wrote in message news:12eb77df-13d7-4f8b-99b5-4dd99c4014b4...

When I originally installed Win 7 64 bit, it was on a PC with a new hard drive, realizing I only had upgrade CD's I thought I'd call tech support and check. They got the version installed and all was fine for a month. Then my Network card died, I replace it and the "not genuine" message appears. I have now been on the phone for in excess of 2 hours being cut off and sent in circles, only to eventually find out I need to remove Win 7 & and go back to a prior version and start over. Not acceptable now as I'm months in with this PC, not to mention I've only been buying upgrades since the first Windows years ago, and this PC has no diskette drive.  Just not acceptable or practical.

I'm so frustrated not to mention the hours I've wasted on a busy weekend.

From your description, it sounds like you've been outside the Licensing terms for a long while.
    Bite the bullet, and purchase a full license for Win 7 from a reputable dealer - you can then use the key to make your system legal.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Saturday, January 29, 2011 10:27 PM