Installed live one care but can't subscribe RRS feed

• Question

•  

I installed Live One Care and it works fine but it won't let me subscribe to it.  I paid the 50 dollars and it went through in my bank account but it still won't let me subscribe. It keeps saying,

"It looks like the live id you entered is not yet associated with a OneCare subscription."

I paid for the year subscription and it went through my bank account already and all I have is the trial version so how can I subscribe?

Thursday, October 9, 2008 2:30 AM

Answers

•  

Did you purchase by clicking Subscribe in OneCare or did you purchase by signing in at the OneCare web site? If the latter, click subscribe in OneCare and sign in with the *same* LiveID you used to purchase the subscription.

When you activate OneCare from within OneCare to start your subscription, it first requires you to sign in with a LiveID and then provides the opportunity to enter a retail key or purchase online. Once you've completed the entry and submission of the key and payment information, your subscription is created and the subscription credentials are downloaded back to your copy of OneCare. These credentials are refreshed periodically, too. If something is blocking the receipt of the credentials, activation is not complete and your PC will remain in trial mode. Make sure that there are no other security programs running, including Parental Controls, which should be disabled at activation. Other security programs - firewalls, real time spyware protection and anti-virus need to be completely removed in order to use OneCare.

If your subscription to OneCare shows as still trial mode after purchase and activation in OneCare

• Verify that you have a clear Internet connection - no other security programs running.
    • Check your PC date and time.
    • Check your subscription status by logging in with your subscription LiveID at http://billing.microsoft.com
    • Confirm that this is the same LiveID shown to be the Subscription ID in OneCare - Help/About...

If your subscription is correctly shown at the Billing site, but incorrect in OneCare and your PC date and time are correct, please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Thursday, October 9, 2008 2:24 PM

All replies

•  

Did you purchase by clicking Subscribe in OneCare or did you purchase by signing in at the OneCare web site? If the latter, click subscribe in OneCare and sign in with the *same* LiveID you used to purchase the subscription.

When you activate OneCare from within OneCare to start your subscription, it first requires you to sign in with a LiveID and then provides the opportunity to enter a retail key or purchase online. Once you've completed the entry and submission of the key and payment information, your subscription is created and the subscription credentials are downloaded back to your copy of OneCare. These credentials are refreshed periodically, too. If something is blocking the receipt of the credentials, activation is not complete and your PC will remain in trial mode. Make sure that there are no other security programs running, including Parental Controls, which should be disabled at activation. Other security programs - firewalls, real time spyware protection and anti-virus need to be completely removed in order to use OneCare.

If your subscription to OneCare shows as still trial mode after purchase and activation in OneCare

• Verify that you have a clear Internet connection - no other security programs running.
    • Check your PC date and time.
    • Check your subscription status by logging in with your subscription LiveID at http://billing.microsoft.com
    • Confirm that this is the same LiveID shown to be the Subscription ID in OneCare - Help/About...

If your subscription is correctly shown at the Billing site, but incorrect in OneCare and your PC date and time are correct, please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Thursday, October 9, 2008 2:24 PM
  • I don't have a product key, nothing was ever sent to me.  I went to the website downloaded the program and paid the 50 dollars which I was under the impression was for a year subscription.  It still won't let me subscribe and all I have is the trial version.  Once again I was charged 50 dollars from my bank account and have nothing to show for it? I can sign in on the website and all it shows is my purchasing microsoft points for my xbox360.  It shows nothing of my purchase of OneCare.  If I didn't purchase it why did I get charged 50 dollars!?

Thursday, October 9, 2008 11:32 PM
  • Tony3900, if you signed in with a different LiveID when purchasing, that could explain why your account doesn't show the OneCare subscription.

In any event, no matter if it was a server glitch or you used a different ID, since you paid for a subscription, support can help you straighten it out.

Open an email case per the instructions in the FAQ and explain the situation. Request a phone number for support, if you wish to speak to someone.

Alternatively,  the unofficial path - send me an email at sboots@mvps.org with a subject line including "OneCare" (to get past my spam filtering) and in the message body, tell me what country you are in, your forum nickname, and paste this link:

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3983864&SiteID=2

I am not online 24x7, so you may be waiting for a reply, but I'll do my best to hook you up with support.

-steve

Friday, October 10, 2008 2:50 PM