Losing my connection RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I have just installed WHS 2011 and are currently transferring files over my LAN. Every once in a while I loose connection to the server. I can still see the Dashboard, but the shared folders disappear and the file transfer ends. Usually, all I have to do is retry the connection and then everything works again, for a while. I also have a very slow speed, only 2,8 Mb/s. Anyone know what this is about?

My system: Windows 7 - client side, D-link 855 router, Zyxel ADSL modem

BR Gotte

Sunday, January 22, 2012 7:36 PM

All replies

• If you're using a wireless connection from your PC to your home network, try a wired connection. If you're using a wired connection, the range of potential causes stretches from the NIC in the client, down the wire(s) to your switch or router, then up the wire to your server, to your server's NIC. It could also be a poorly written driver on your client, your server, or both.

If you have a wired connection, swapping components one at a time is usually the only way you'll isolate any problem.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Proposed as answer by Olaf Engelke Monday, January 23, 2012 11:30 AM
    Sunday, January 22, 2012 11:36 PM
  • So it could be just about everything ;-)

Well, just wondering if anyone else have the same issues. My description is pretty close to the "Intermittent lost connection to shared folders on WHS" thread. It's troublesome that no solution is in sight...

:-(

Monday, January 23, 2012 3:16 PM