Yet, one more suggestion :) RRS feed

• Question

• If the developers are getting tired of my post, just let me know and I'll stop, probably :)

Still trying lots of experiments with this and one thing that could really help in defining the mask would be n frame onion skinning based on an initial mask. Perhaps a new control so you could see the range/path of a target object for movement through the 10 seconds.

Best Regards,

Robert

• Edited by image360 Sunday, March 11, 2012 3:18 AM
    Sunday, March 11, 2012 3:14 AM

All replies

• Thanks for the suggestions.  We are interested in ways to do simple tracking and/or key-framing of the masks in the app.

Neel Joshi, Microsoft Research

Saturday, March 24, 2012 12:03 AM
  • It occurs to me that a way to show a ghost of the mask area as it progresses through frames.  In fact, perhaps a "ghost" tool to apply where ever the user needs it might be extremely usful. The current frame would be complete, the previous frames would be faded. I don't know what the code looks like behind this I assume it is XML based like previous microsoft video programs. Personally, I think if you opened up a bit on whats behind the UI I bet you would get a lot of innovation and user loyalty like you had with the original movie maker.  Remember all the homemade effects created once people were  given some of the XML handles?

These are not meant as complaints by any means. They are just suggestions. The fact is though, I'd sure like to have the old movie maker back in win7, 8 or whatever comes along.  It was a great program. Merged with ones like this would make it even better.

Thursday, July 19, 2012 3:47 AM