none
How do you execute a DOS CMD script loaded in a Notepad file RRS feed

• Question

• How do you execute a DOS CMD script loaded in a Notepad file 

I have a DOS CMD script supplied by a maths professor to run on a .wma music file to add sequence numbers to the records. How do I run this script? It lies as a Notepad file in the same directory as the music file.

Thank-you

Hennie

Wednesday, September 27, 2017 12:11 PM

Answers

• The file should have either *.bat or *.cmd extension. If not, rename to have such an extension. Then at a command prompt, navigate to the folder where the file is saved and enter the file name at the prompt. The command processor will run it, executing the statements in the file.

The command prompt can generally be launched from the Start menu. Use the cd command to navigate to a folder. For example, to navigate to the folder c:\Scripts, enter:

cd c:\Scripts

Edit: You can also ask here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Wednesday, September 27, 2017 12:17 PM

All replies

• The file should have either *.bat or *.cmd extension. If not, rename to have such an extension. Then at a command prompt, navigate to the folder where the file is saved and enter the file name at the prompt. The command processor will run it, executing the statements in the file.

The command prompt can generally be launched from the Start menu. Use the cd command to navigate to a folder. For example, to navigate to the folder c:\Scripts, enter:

cd c:\Scripts

Edit: You can also ask here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Wednesday, September 27, 2017 12:17 PM
  • I have a DOS CMD script supplied by a maths professor to run on a .wma music file to add sequence numbers to the records. How do I run this script?
    You could ask the professor who provided the script. :)
    Wednesday, September 27, 2017 12:45 PM