Microsoft Money - new transaction - category drop down menu transfer section does not display half my existing open accounts RRS feed

• Question

• 

In Microsoft Money, when I enter a new transaction, I am invited to choose a category from a drop down list. This list, under the heading "Special", lists only about half my open accounts, in fact only those starting with the letters A through M. There is no sign of the rest of my accounts in this list. I have tried closing accounts that are in the first half of the alphabet, so that they no longer appear in the list, in the hope that this would make space for new accounts to appear. However, this did not help. The closed accounts disappeared from the drop down list, but no new ones appeared. Any ideas?
    Wednesday, August 13, 2014 7:48 AM

All replies

• I would expect to enter a transaction into an account register. Then for a category, I would choose a category rather than an account unless it the transaction was a transfer.

When you choose a category, there should be a scroll bar to the right of the list of categories. You can use that to scroll. alternatively, use the up/down arrow keys or the PgUp or PgDn keys.

If that does not match what you are asking, please list what you click to get to the point where you are doing the action that you have a problem with.

What version of Money are you using? Would you like to use 2-level categories?

Wednesday, August 13, 2014 3:06 PM