none
Command Line tool uses very high CPU resources RRS feed

• Question

• I setup only 1 pair in GUI and finished initial sycnchronization. When I executed "synctoycmd -R" from command like, it comsumed all my CPU resources to compare the difference.

My machine Windows Vista 32bit, 2GB Ram. SyncToy action is "Echo"
    Saturday, July 11, 2009 2:11 PM

All replies

• Hi,
        How about use synctoy UI to run sync with all folders(those same folder pairs as run cmd)? How much CPU resource was used when you run?
    Could you please share more info let me track this performance issue, such as what kind of files did you sync, and total files number and size etc?

Thanks,
    Ping
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, August 28, 2009 2:00 AM
  • I tried again... UI constantly uses more than 60% CPU and command line stays about 30% to 40%.

Anyway it will be too much if I need background folder backup.
    Friday, August 28, 2009 2:05 AM
  • More than 60% CPU is really bad. But could you please share more info about your sync, did you sync large size file, and a lot of files?

Thanks,
    Ping
    Monday, August 31, 2009 9:53 AM
  • A lot of small files cross 2 physical hard disks, from STAT II to old IDE (5400 RPM). There is no RAID.

Is there a way I turn on debug information of the tool, I can email the log file to you.
    Monday, August 31, 2009 12:47 PM
  • For this tool's log info, you can got it from [systemdrive]:\Program Files\SyncToy 2.0, or through view log.
    For getting more info in log, you can change the log configuration by change value="verbose" or value="debug" setting in SyncToy.config to get more output log info.

<

add name="SyncToyTraceLevel" value="verbose" />

Thanks,
    Ping

Friday, September 4, 2009 7:40 AM