Where can I find out how to uninstall Microsoft Works! RRS feed

• Question

• Microsoft Works came pre-loaded on a Dell B130 laptop that I am giving to my daughter to use.  I am trying to clean it up.  Works was never used.  It is in the Start menu, and is located in c:\Program Files\Microsoft Works.  I can't find anything that tells me what the version number is.  There are no uninstall options listed in the two locations I have mention, nor in Add/Remove Programs.  Searching the registry under HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CurrentVersion\Uninstall shows me nothing.  I tried the PC Decrapifier and the Windows Installer Cleanup but it was not listed in either.

Maybe it is not an actual installation, but it is taking up a decent amount of space on the hard drive and I would like to remove it.  Is my only option to delete the files from the hard drive, then go through the registry?  I have already searched on Microsoft Works in the registry, and this will take forever to accomplish, so I am looking for help so that I don't have to do this!  And I can't find any online Works groups to go to for help with this.
    Sunday, August 30, 2009 3:53 AM

Answers