Remove "Change Manager" button on User ribbon in CRM 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• Security role has only Read and Write privileges on User entity and None on "Assign manager for a user",  however users are still getting "Change Manager" ribbon button on user form. Please let me know how can I remove "Change Manager" ribbon button on User form.

• Edited by VSomireddy Tuesday, August 13, 2013 4:20 PM updated question
    Tuesday, August 13, 2013 4:17 PM

Answers

• It seems really weird, but I even checked the display rules for the button, and it is set to display if a user only has Write access to the User entity.

My guess is this is a bug introduced in one of the latest rollups, and so you should probably log this Microsoft.

Nevertheless, if you wish to add this functionality you can customize the ribbon yourself to add the additional display rule.

1. First download and install the ribbon workbench: http://www.develop1.net/public/page/Ribbon-Workbench-for-Dynamics-CRM-2011.aspx
    2. Then create a temp solution with just the User entity, and load that solution up in the workbench.
    3. Right click the Assign Manager button and click Customize Command.
    4. Under Solution Elements, expand Commands and select the ChangeManager command.
    5. Click the Display Rules lookup on the right hand side.
    6. Click '+ Add New'.
    7. Add a step of type 'Misc Priv Rule'.
    8. Set the Priv Name to 'AssignManager'.
    9. Select the priv depth (global = organization level access)
    10. Click OK on all the windows and Publish.

Configured like this, only users with Organisation level access on the Assign Manager to user privilege will be able to see that button now.

Note that you also want to customize the button on the form view (select 'Form' from the dropdown list in the top right corner) - repeat the same steps for this button. You can reuse the same command.

Hope that helps

Paul

If my response helped you find your answer please show your thanks by taking the time to "Mark As Answer" and "Vote As Helpful".

Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Blog Magnetism

• Marked as answer by VSomireddy Thursday, August 15, 2013 6:07 PM
    Wednesday, August 14, 2013 6:38 AM

All replies

• It seems really weird, but I even checked the display rules for the button, and it is set to display if a user only has Write access to the User entity.

My guess is this is a bug introduced in one of the latest rollups, and so you should probably log this Microsoft.

Nevertheless, if you wish to add this functionality you can customize the ribbon yourself to add the additional display rule.

1. First download and install the ribbon workbench: http://www.develop1.net/public/page/Ribbon-Workbench-for-Dynamics-CRM-2011.aspx
    2. Then create a temp solution with just the User entity, and load that solution up in the workbench.
    3. Right click the Assign Manager button and click Customize Command.
    4. Under Solution Elements, expand Commands and select the ChangeManager command.
    5. Click the Display Rules lookup on the right hand side.
    6. Click '+ Add New'.
    7. Add a step of type 'Misc Priv Rule'.
    8. Set the Priv Name to 'AssignManager'.
    9. Select the priv depth (global = organization level access)
    10. Click OK on all the windows and Publish.

Configured like this, only users with Organisation level access on the Assign Manager to user privilege will be able to see that button now.

Note that you also want to customize the button on the form view (select 'Form' from the dropdown list in the top right corner) - repeat the same steps for this button. You can reuse the same command.

Hope that helps

Paul

If my response helped you find your answer please show your thanks by taking the time to "Mark As Answer" and "Vote As Helpful".

Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Blog Magnetism

• Marked as answer by VSomireddy Thursday, August 15, 2013 6:07 PM
    Wednesday, August 14, 2013 6:38 AM
  • Thank you Paul for your time. appreciate your help. I will log this in Microsoft Connect.
    Thursday, August 15, 2013 6:08 PM