Error While updating the "systemuser" entity RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using crm sdk dlls

While updating the "systemuser" entity, i am getting the following error
    "\n 0x80044181\n The 'Update' method doest not support entities of typw 'systemuser' on the Client\n Platform\n"

But sometimes i am able to update it... I

What could be the problem???

Please help how to solve this... Thanks  in advance
    Thursday, October 15, 2009 5:16 AM

Answers

• System entities cannot be changed with the crm gui, it can be done directly in the database but you can expect to screw up the system and get no support in fixing if you go that way.

systemuser is a customizable entity so it can be changed with the crm system, however if changes have been made directly to the xml of the entity after it has been exported then you can make changes to objects you otherwise could not, so when you try and import it again it can throw errors, this is perhaps the problem ksvimal is having.

• Marked as answer by ksvimal Friday, November 6, 2009 5:18 AM
    Thursday, October 15, 2009 1:04 PM

All replies

• It would help to know what items you are updating in the "systemuser" entity when this fails, if you are editing some system attributes be they relationship or not then you will fail.
    Thursday, October 15, 2009 9:37 AM
  • I don't think System entities could get updated in a supported manner but if there are ways, your question will help me as well:)

Thanks,
    ShivNath
    Thursday, October 15, 2009 12:33 PM
  • System entities cannot be changed with the crm gui, it can be done directly in the database but you can expect to screw up the system and get no support in fixing if you go that way.

systemuser is a customizable entity so it can be changed with the crm system, however if changes have been made directly to the xml of the entity after it has been exported then you can make changes to objects you otherwise could not, so when you try and import it again it can throw errors, this is perhaps the problem ksvimal is having.

• Marked as answer by ksvimal Friday, November 6, 2009 5:18 AM
    Thursday, October 15, 2009 1:04 PM