default entity "kbarticle" report problem (xml format in the xmlarticle field) RRS feed

• Question

• hi, as the topic, when i trying to create a custom report that showing the information about the kbarticle, i encountered the problem that the xmlarticles contained the unnecessary xml tag, can i remove it? or by default kbarticle entity is not regular to be displayed by report ?

thanks

a
    Monday, September 19, 2011 3:27 AM

Answers

• I think it's just a rendering problem.  The information on KBArticle is stored in xml format in the column named "ArticleXML". This information is displayed on KB Article form using some kind of style sheet (based on the template used by the article)

So My suggestion is donot delete the tag in the field, it may distort the article rendering on the crm form. But you can create a separate column based on the "ArticleXML" in your query and do what ever you want to do with it.

I hope this helps.

Amreek singh Senior CRM Consultant CDC Praxa Sydney,Australia http://mscrmshop.blogspot.com/
    • Edited by Amreek Singh Monday, September 19, 2011 4:23 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Amreek Singh Monday, September 19, 2011 4:23 AM
    • Marked as answer by Donna EdwardsMVP Wednesday, September 21, 2011 8:33 PM
    Monday, September 19, 2011 4:22 AM