Live search not finding pages RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I have a few sites linked together for classifieds. removed being the main one.

I submitted this to live search and google about 3 or 4 months ago, google had 700 results until recently when i blocked category pages and made it just listings being indexed via robots.txt

google now almost has 200 but live search has 4 pages indexed.

Is there anything i can do to get it indexing faster?
    Cheeers

Saturday, November 15, 2008 12:50 AM

Answers

• Hi Nick,

Currently you are ranking fairly low. Most of your top backlinks are from one forum. I suggest starting with a backlink building campaign. 

Some Ideas for generating high quality inbound links include:

1.       Start a blog – and write content that will give people a reason to link to your website

2.       Join a reputable industry association – often times they will list their members and provide links to their websites. Examples could be a local rotary club, or a professional association like the American Medical Association.

3.       Get involved with your community – participating with your community through blogs, forums and other online resources may give you legitimate reasons to provide links to your site.

4.       Talk to a reporter – is there a potential story around your business? Or do you have helpful tips about your business people might be interested in? Pitch a story to a reporter or journalist, and they might give you a link.

5.       Press Releases – if your company has a significant event, consider doing a press release through a site like http://prweb.com.

6.       Suppliers and partners – ask your business partners if they would add a section to their website describing your partnership, with a link to your website. Or, if your suppliers have a website, perhaps they have a page where they recommend local distributers of their products.

7.       Evangelize your site in the real world – with business cards, magnets, USB keys and other fun collectables

Brett
    Friday, November 21, 2008 7:59 PM

All replies

• Hi Nick,

Currently you are ranking fairly low. Most of your top backlinks are from one forum. I suggest starting with a backlink building campaign. 

Some Ideas for generating high quality inbound links include:

1.       Start a blog – and write content that will give people a reason to link to your website

2.       Join a reputable industry association – often times they will list their members and provide links to their websites. Examples could be a local rotary club, or a professional association like the American Medical Association.

3.       Get involved with your community – participating with your community through blogs, forums and other online resources may give you legitimate reasons to provide links to your site.

4.       Talk to a reporter – is there a potential story around your business? Or do you have helpful tips about your business people might be interested in? Pitch a story to a reporter or journalist, and they might give you a link.

5.       Press Releases – if your company has a significant event, consider doing a press release through a site like http://prweb.com.

6.       Suppliers and partners – ask your business partners if they would add a section to their website describing your partnership, with a link to your website. Or, if your suppliers have a website, perhaps they have a page where they recommend local distributers of their products.

7.       Evangelize your site in the real world – with business cards, magnets, USB keys and other fun collectables

Brett
    Friday, November 21, 2008 7:59 PM
  •  

in my opinion, google indexs quickly

my site 上海礼品 www.188gift.com, google has 934 results, live has 10 results...

Tuesday, December 9, 2008 1:30 PM