Customization Query RRS feed

• Question

• HI All,

We need to be able to have people on the internet register for an account and then authenticate to a webpage.

Is there any other way other than the eservice accelerators (CRM Addon)?

Please let me know

Regards,

VP

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 5:20 PM

Answers

• If you intend to develop your own solution, rather than purchase a reliable 3rd-party product (I'm looking at you, Jerry!), you would do well to brush up on the new Advanced Developer Extensions and Customer Portal Accelerator made available by the latest SDK release.  The project page states: "This accelerator combines all the functionality previously released in the individual eService, Event Management and Portal Integration Accelerators ."  So, you'll need to determine whether or not it's an acceptable alternative to the eService Accelerator.

Accelerators, however, are intended to speed up the process of deploying certain functionality to CRM, and there's nothing written in stone saying that you must use them.  They are developer-oriented, and may not be the kind of solution you're looking for from a business perspective.  It may be a faster option to purchase a 3rd-party product (once again, staring at Jerry and his links with fingers poised to click) which provides additional features, and simpler configuration.

Dave Berry
    Tuesday, July 13, 2010 10:02 PM

All replies

• You could use our Web2CRM product - web form to CRM tool for the first part - http://www.crminnovation.com/web2crm.asp
    Jerry http://www.crminnovation.com
    Tuesday, July 13, 2010 6:25 PM
  • If you intend to develop your own solution, rather than purchase a reliable 3rd-party product (I'm looking at you, Jerry!), you would do well to brush up on the new Advanced Developer Extensions and Customer Portal Accelerator made available by the latest SDK release.  The project page states: "This accelerator combines all the functionality previously released in the individual eService, Event Management and Portal Integration Accelerators ."  So, you'll need to determine whether or not it's an acceptable alternative to the eService Accelerator.

Accelerators, however, are intended to speed up the process of deploying certain functionality to CRM, and there's nothing written in stone saying that you must use them.  They are developer-oriented, and may not be the kind of solution you're looking for from a business perspective.  It may be a faster option to purchase a 3rd-party product (once again, staring at Jerry and his links with fingers poised to click) which provides additional features, and simpler configuration.

Dave Berry
    Tuesday, July 13, 2010 10:02 PM
  • Hi Dave,

True my response was based on our product solution but since he asked for alternatives to the eService accelerator I presumed he might be looking for more a turnkey solution. :)

Jerry http://www.crminnovation.com
    Wednesday, July 14, 2010 1:59 PM
  • It's ok.  I just wanted to make sure he was informed of the differences between eService and the new Customer Portal Accelerator before jumping ship on the Accelerators altogether.  That said, you do have a very useful product for this.
    Dave Berry
    Wednesday, July 14, 2010 5:20 PM