Cannot re-install Windows Home Server 2011 Client Software RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

I am not too sure why I did this but for some odd reason I had to uninstall WHS client connector from one of my PCs in hope that it would fix the issue when I re-install the software. Well, I thought wrong. Now I have been having issues re-installing the software and was wondering if somebody could help me!

The problem is seen many times and I have been through many threads and tried everything but no joy. I am not able to re-install the client software.

My client is Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit. Error I am getting is: The Windows Home Server 2011 Connector has encountered an unexpected error. Click close to undo most of the changes that are made to this computer.

Event Viewer on the client PC has following error:

Product: Windows Home Server 2011 Connector - Update 'Update Rollup for Microsoft Windows (KB2554637)' could not be installed. Error code 1603. Additional information is available in the log file C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Server\Logs\ClientCore.msi.log.
    This error happens after about 90-95% of the installation. I have tried following:

Removed computers from the home group, Deleted Windows Server from the Program Files/Program Data, Amended my Host file to have the IP address of the Server, Assigned Static IP address to the Server, Checked Date/Time, Removed failed computer entry from the Dashboard etc.

Client PC is running McAfee Protection. I haven't uninstalled it yet to see if that Helps.

Can you please tell me if there is anything else I could do to solve this issue?

Thanks - Bhavesh

• Edited by BPatel111 Tuesday, February 7, 2012 3:25 PM
    Tuesday, February 7, 2012 3:21 PM

Answers

• Hello All,

No replies!!!

I found the answer. I uninstalled McAfee Total Protection from the client which allowed me to install connector.

Regards

• Marked as answer by BPatel111 Monday, February 13, 2012 4:59 PM
    Monday, February 13, 2012 4:59 PM