none
Instal error not caused by installation. S&T 2006 RRS feed

• Question

• I have been using Streets&Trips 2006 since, well when I bought it in 2005.  Last week I attempted to open a saved trip map from a ride last year and I got this message:

"Your registry settings were not copied correctly.  To correct these settings run Setup again for the application from the location where you originally installed it."  Well I tried to reinstall it from the original disk.   Several times because I kept getting the above error message each and every time.  

I have been through all the steps that are on Microsoft Support (or nonsupport) to no avail.  I have emptied temp files, edited registers, changed folder names, manually deleted everything with streets & trips in the name.  

Is this Microsoft's way of saying that my Microsoft Streets & Trips ver.2006 has expired and I must buy a newer version?   Can you suggest something that I may not have tried?

Tom

Tuesday, August 2, 2011 2:03 AM

All replies

• After hours of reading in the forums I found several posts that recommended going to the "Windows security center and turning off account control. 

That worked for me also and I can now use Streets & Trips. 

I have not been able to find anything that explains what Microsoft did that would suddenly cause this "corrective action" to be needed.  Nor have I found exactly what I have opened myself up to by taking such an action.     Can someone "splane this thing to me?

Tuesday, August 2, 2011 1:49 PM