We're unable to complete your request RRS feed

• Question

•  

I tried to renew my OneCare through the "Renew" button in my OneCare client. I was prompted to sign into my account and it led me to a page that says:

"We're unable to complete your request

Windows Live ID is experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later."

Why is this happening?

Monday, June 9, 2008 2:32 AM

Answers

All replies

• I'm having the same issues with Vista and OneCare 2.5. I've tried setting the protected mode off in the browser and also disconnecting from the domain.

Is anyone successful with solving this?

Thanks

Monday, June 9, 2008 3:27 PM
  • We're getting the same error when people try to create a Windows Live ID account. From what I can see our firewall is dropping the traffic. The reason for this is that it looks to the firewall as if the Live ID server is trying to initiate an SSL connection to it. We have our subnet hide NAT'd and for some reason it will not work.

If I hide NAT a particular workstation to a particular address is works fine. I cannot do that for all of our workstations.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike
    Monday, June 9, 2008 5:26 PM
  • Try renewing at http://billing.microsoft.com - sign in with your LiveID and select the OneCare subscription. Please report your results back here.

-steve

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 6:40 PM
  •  Mike_Mail wrote:
    We're getting the same error when people try to create a Windows Live ID account. From what I can see our firewall is dropping the traffic. The reason for this is that it looks to the firewall as if the Live ID server is trying to initiate an SSL connection to it. We have our subnet hide NAT'd and for some reason it will not work.

If I hide NAT a particular workstation to a particular address is works fine. I cannot do that for all of our workstations.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

Is this issue ongoing, Mike? Since you report that it also happens just trying to create a LiveID, I suggest contacting LiveID support - http://support.live.com

-steve

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 6:42 PM