none
Certain PC Games no Longer Work RRS feed

• Question

• Some of my games have stopped working. For example, League of Legends. When I get into game, I can't do anything. I can't move my character, level skills, click on the shop, etc. The only things I can do are move the cursor, and therefore the camera as well. In order to exit the game I have to alt+tab out and close the window. A similar thing happens in Dark Souls 3. It starts to open but then displays the message "Dark Souls 3 has stopped working", then it closes. I have had this problem before, and I was able to fix it by restarting my computer every time I went on it. After a while, this stopped working for some reason. As a result, I had to system reset my computer (I chose to keep my personal apps and files). This fixed it, until yesterday. I found that the problem was to do with a windows update, which I stopped from installing again. I thought this fixed the problem, but it came back today. I've tried doing system restores, uninstalling previous updates, but none of this has worked. A system reset would probably fix it temporarily, but I would like to find a permanent fix.. My operating system is Windows 10, and my hardware is GTX 970 GPU, Intel i5 4690k CPU, 8GB RAM, MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition motherboard, Corsair CX 600M PSU. Is it possible that this is a problem with the operating system, and switching to Windows 7 would fix it?
    Sunday, June 4, 2017 7:40 PM

Answers

All replies