none
Unread filter not working as expected RRS feed

• Question

• I tried the new unread filter for My Threads today and it seems that it still has the issue that read threads are appearing, similar to issues that have been reported in the past.  If it was fixed previously, then this may constitute a regression.

This includes threads where I have read every message in the thread and I am the last replier.

However, when I click on the thread and go back to the My Threads, it finally gets filtered out.  But the unread filter still displays a myriad of threads that, in my opinion, should have been filtered out.

I like that it shows me threads where there are new replies...that's great.  But it shouldn't show me existing threads where I am the last replier.  And it really shouldn't show me threads where I have already read all the messages in the thread.

Could this perhaps be because I read the threads before the invention of the unread filter itself or from a different view?  (I'm just speculating).

Can this feature please be fixed so that it properly filters out threads that have been read?

ALSO:

This feature should exist in the new "my forums threads" view as well as the my threads view.

Friday, July 12, 2013 1:28 PM

Answers

• @Wyck, thanks for posting this! This is a known issue which we hope to address soon. We do plan on making the unread filter more accessible in the various views in the near future.  

Forums Program Manager

• Marked as answer by Wyck Saturday, July 13, 2013 12:09 PM
    Friday, July 12, 2013 2:14 PM

All replies

• @Wyck, thanks for posting this! This is a known issue which we hope to address soon. We do plan on making the unread filter more accessible in the various views in the near future.  

Forums Program Manager

• Marked as answer by Wyck Saturday, July 13, 2013 12:09 PM
    Friday, July 12, 2013 2:14 PM
  • How about adding a "Marked as Read" action as well?  I don't need to see the 14 "Report Spam Here" threads and the 4 "Verify Your Account" threads in my list.  They all have over 100 posts and have no useful content to me other than the fact that I posted in them once in the past.
    Friday, July 12, 2013 3:06 PM