none
Include a new table to the Sync RRS feed

• Question

• Let's say I have established sync between my in-premise and the cloud database [using the sync tool] and my application demands creating a new database table, how do I add the new table to the exisiting Sync?

If I run the tool to "only" include the new table created, it prompts me to "DROP" the cloud database - is there a better solution? Or is this a known issue? 

Friday, July 9, 2010 11:44 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Technically, modifying an existing scope is not supported.  This is no way through the apis you can do this.  If you want to add a table to an existing sync scope you'd have to provision the table using the SqlSyncTableProvisioning and then manually add the xml config for the table to the scope_config (which is not easy to construct, although you can copy the existing config for the other tables and fill in the correct values for the new table.

Otherwise, you'd have to create a new scope with the new table.  The tool is very simple and the UI does not support this thus you see the drop prompt.  But the Sync provisioning classes do support provisioning multiple scopes on Sql Server so you can look into writing your own provisioning app.

-Jesse

• Proposed as answer by Jesse L - MSFT Thursday, July 15, 2010 11:01 PM
    Tuesday, July 13, 2010 12:30 AM