Shared Personal Views are not seen by other users RRS feed

• Question

• I've created a Personal View via Advanced Find and shared it with a couple of other users. It does not show in their list of Shared Views yet they can see other shared views from other users.

I don't think it's a permissions issue as ONLY System Views are governed by permissions.

Any help gladly appreciated

Thanks, David

Tuesday, August 9, 2011 4:17 PM

Answers

• Wayne - this is fixed [fyi the issue was with a client of mine].

Rather than sharing the View itself she had shared the results of the Ad Find - easily done as the steps are very similar.

Thanks for your input

David

• Marked as answer by DavidtMoore Wednesday, August 10, 2011 8:46 AM
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 8:46 AM

All replies

• did you give them Read permissions to the view?  You can't just share it with them, you also have to give them Read access once you've shared it.  It's on the same window where you share the View.
    The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Consulting's positions, views, strategies or opinions.
    • Proposed as answer by Jim Glass Jr Tuesday, August 9, 2011 4:51 PM
    Tuesday, August 9, 2011 4:47 PM
  • Thanks Wayne. Yes both the users that i've shared the view have ALL levels of privilege ticked.

I can't think what would cause this not o to work - hopefully somebody else may have had a similar issue.

David

Tuesday, August 9, 2011 4:55 PM
  • Is this an issue with the web client, the Outlook client, or both? 

I know it's really elementary, but are they reloading CRM after they have permission so CRM can reload their View list?

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Consulting's positions, views, strategies or opinions.
    Tuesday, August 9, 2011 5:59 PM
  • Wayne - this is fixed [fyi the issue was with a client of mine].

Rather than sharing the View itself she had shared the results of the Ad Find - easily done as the steps are very similar.

Thanks for your input

David

• Marked as answer by DavidtMoore Wednesday, August 10, 2011 8:46 AM
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 8:46 AM
  • I have the same issue shared view is not visible to certain users in crm 4.0. Please suggest. Shared view of User A is visible to user B but shared view of User B is not visible to User A. 

Monday, October 26, 2015 6:30 AM