report viewer control - problem with exporting local report to excel RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I have a problem with exporting large local report to excel file using ms report viewer control. The export operation takes long time and the web browser says "request timeout exceeded".
    I cannot change request timeout setting in my production environment (its it working correctly in my development machine) so I need to find a way of speeding up the exporting operation.
    My questions are:

1. How can I speed up xls file generation?
    2. Has the SQL server performance anything to do with this issue and if yes then how can I make it work faster?
    3. Can I call exporting function somehow out of the vb code in asynchronous mode so the web server don't have to wait for response?
    4. Is there any other way of solving this problem (except splitting big report into smaller ones)?

Thanks in advance,
    Marek
    • Moved by Zhi-Xin Ye Monday, September 1, 2008 8:13 AM should be posted on Windows Forms Forums (Moved from .NET Base Class Library to Off-Topic Posts (Do Not Post Here))
    Wednesday, August 27, 2008 9:59 AM

Answers

•  

Hello MArek,

Thank you for your post!  I would suggest posting your question in the 'MSDN > Forums Home > Visual Basic > Visual Basic IDE' located here:  http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbide/threads/

Have a great day!

Thanks!

SachinW Tier 2 Application Support Server and Tools Online Engineering Live Services Team
    • Marked as answer by SachinW Friday, March 20, 2009 7:34 PM
    Wednesday, November 12, 2008 5:54 AM

All replies