Error adding new CRM Org RRS feed

• Question

• CRM 2011, UR15, SQL 2012

I keep getting this when trying to add a new Org with the name CRM, I can add CRM2 or something else fine but it doesn't like the Org being called just 'CRM'. There isn't anything in the Deployment Manager for 'CRM' nor is it mentioned in the Organisation table in the MSCRM_CONFIG DB.

Any ideas?

16:39:03|   Info| Setting organization state.  New state = Failed
    16:39:03|  Error| Create new Organization (Name=efa4a66c-ef3f-e311-9401-0050568b000f, Id=CRM) failed with Exception:
    System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Admin.CreateDatabaseAction failed. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Could not continue scan with NOLOCK due to data movement.
    File activation failure. The physical file name "D:\MSSQL\DATA\M9056e8bb3e614fda9bc749cd846ddef4_MSCRM_log.LDF" may be incorrect.
    New log file 'L:\MSSQL\CRM_MSCRM_log.ldf' was created.
    Converting database 'CRM_MSCRM' from version 655 to the current version 706.
    Database 'CRM_MSCRM' running the upgrade step from version 655 to version 668.
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe, Int32 timeout, Boolean asyncWrite)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Database.DatabaseInstaller.AttachDB_Internal(String dbName, String dbFilePath)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Database.DatabaseInstaller.installInternal(Boolean isInstall)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Database.DatabaseInstaller.Install(Int32 languageCode, String configurationFilePath, Boolean upgradeDatabase, Boolean isInstall)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Database.DatabaseInstaller.Install(Int32 languageCode, String configurationFilePath, Boolean upgradeDatabase)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Admin.InstallDatabaseAction.Do(IDictionary parameters)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.CrmAction.ExecuteAction(CrmAction action, IDictionary parameters, Boolean undo)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.CrmAction.ExecuteAction(CrmAction action, IDictionary parameters, Boolean undo)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.Installer.Install(IDictionary stateSaver)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Admin.OrganizationOperation.Install(IDictionary stateSaver)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Admin.OrganizationCreator.Install(IDictionary stateSaver)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Admin.OrganizationOperation.Execute()
       at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Admin.OrganizationCreator.Execute()
       at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Admin.CreateOrganizationInstaller.Create(ICreateOrganizationInfo organizationInfo)
    16:39:03|   Info| GetDBUpdateRevisionThresholdForServer(): Threshold = 3731.

Pete

Monday, October 28, 2013 4:42 PM

All replies

• this appears to be down to using the same Organisation Name twice, I.e you create one, delete it then you cant use it again.

Also if it failed to create, as this one did and then you try again it fails.

Is there a way around this? this Organisation isn't listed in any of the Organization tables in the MSCRM_CONFIG DB.

Pete

Monday, October 28, 2013 5:25 PM
  • i just tried this and it worked ok on mine and I have the same config you have. I would delete the crm_mscrm database (if it was created) and make sure the .mdf and .ldf files are removed as well and then try again.

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 1:11 AM
  • I tried that, but it didn't make a difference.

Any other ideas?

Pete

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 8:17 AM
  • Any luck with resolving this issue, Pete?  I'm running to the same issue with a client and it's holding up the project.

Thanks,

Chris

• Edited by gtiguy92 Monday, April 7, 2014 6:39 PM
    Monday, April 7, 2014 6:39 PM
  • It just seemed to start working, couldn't work out what changed.

Pete

Tuesday, April 8, 2014 7:52 AM