Verifying Azure AD forum account RRS feed

• Question

• We subscribe to Office365. Today I created a new account in order to post to the Microsoft Azure forum. All went well, I received an email to verify my email address, clicked on the link, configured my identity and logged into the forum, then entered my question.

When I clicked Submit a message appeared:

Body text cannot contain images or links until we are able to verify your account.

My question doesn't contain any images but it does include links to the various Microsoft documents I refer to in the question.

Evidently verifying my email is not the same thing as verifying my account.

Can anyone tell me what is required in order for my account to be verified?

Thursday, February 16, 2017 11:26 PM

Answers

All replies

• You don't have to take any additional action in order to have your account verified. However, if you would like to expedite this process please reply on this link - .https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/054fddac-7164-4412-a077-f57ba5dd9e5d/verify-your-account-38?forum=reportabugyou'll be verified automatically.

Friday, February 17, 2017 1:33 PM

•  Sticky located at top of Forums Issues (not product support) forum
    https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Friday, February 17, 2017 3:46 PM
    • Marked as answer by saasam_ig Friday, February 17, 2017 9:30 PM
    Friday, February 17, 2017 1:44 PM
  • You might consider adding a link to that post to the alert that appears when a post is rejected.

Ian Goodacre

Friday, February 17, 2017 9:29 PM
  • If only would could add a link. The problem is that the post, and the link, changes periodically. As the thread gets larger, it takes a long time to load. After more than 300 such requests in the thread the forum admins create a new thread for the requests.

I don't know what the message looks like when users are told they need to be verified, but I wish there was some way to improve it. The process is a pain for new users, and a few of use moderators need to redirect several people per day. But the amount of spam in the forums has been greatly reduced since this process was started. And the spam we get no longer has images and live links.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Saturday, February 18, 2017 1:48 PM
  • Thanks for taking the time to reply, moderate and respond to new users generally Richard. I appreciate the need to stop spam and that the delay in account verification helps achieve this.

Ian Goodacre

Sunday, February 19, 2017 9:19 PM