How to control SyncDirection from server side? RRS feed

• Question

• I am synchronizing a 3.5 SSCE client with Sql Server 2005 and a WCF architecture.  I would like to be able to make the synchronized tables configurable through our web.config file on the server side.  Unfortunately, it appears the direction of the synchronization can only be controlled by the SyncTable and the SyncAgent on the client side.  Is it possible to be able to make the synchronized tables configurable on the server side (with a config file) rather than being controlled by the client side?

TIA!

~ Darrin Boyd ~

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Friday, April 22, 2011 7:50 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Saturday, May 3, 2008 1:14 AM

All replies

•  

Just curious, what is the reason the syncdirection need to be controled on the server side ? could you elabrate your scenario a bit and give more details ?

thanks

Yunwen

Sunday, May 4, 2008 5:14 PM
  • This is a B2B application.  The client-side application is installed by our clients and the application resides on remote machines that we do not have much, if any, control over.  Data will be downloaded and uploaded between the client and the server but none of the tables will be bidirectional (either one or the other).  We want to make the synchronized tables configurable but we do not want the client's to be able to control the configuration.  The reason we want to make them configurable is to avoid having to deploy a patch if we need to change a table's sync direction, order of synchronization, etc..  I know we could download the configuration to the client prior to synchronization by building this logic into the client-side application but I was hoping we could just put the synchronization configuration on the server-side (web.config) to be able to easily change the synchronization logic on the fly.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks,

Darrin

Monday, May 5, 2008 2:00 AM