Window Home Server Connector Installation Version mismatch failure RRS feed

• Question

• I recently uninstalled my Windows home server software on a computer running Windows 7 home premium SP1 and when I tried to reinstall the Windows Home Server Connector software loaded successfully but when I tried to load the Windows Home Server Connector software first from the server but no connector software is in the shared "Software" folder.  I then downloaded the Media Server Connector software from the MS website and attempted to load from a CD.  I fails to load because of a "version difference" error.  I am running Windows Home Server software with Power Pack 3 (version 3.3.1.35433) on a HP EX950 server.  I am connected Ok with a second computer that has Windows Home Server Connector version 6.0.3436.0 running on it.  The download I got from the Microsoft website appears to be a 6.0.2423.0 version.  The Windows Home Server Console running on both computers is vesion 6.0.2423.0.
    Saturday, October 18, 2014 8:23 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    did you move or delete the WHS connector folder in the software share?

If this is the case, and you cannot restore it directly, the recommended way would be a a server reinstall (since you have an OEM based platform, otherwise you could install a WHS version temporary to a virtual machine, patch it up and get the connector software folder from there).

If I check the details on my installed machines, HomeServer.dll shows version 6.0.3436.0 as well. Contact me via Email, and I can eventually provide you with the folder from the Software share (if it is for an English or German WHS).

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

Thursday, November 20, 2014 8:14 AM