OFF TOPIC:Windows updates not installing RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have been having some issues with updates and has been happening for over a few weeks now.

I have set it to have automatic updates and then the yellow box in the corner appears saying there is new updates to install, I then click on these and starts the process but then come back as all failed and the list keeps getting bigger.

I have not altered any settings and I am using Windows XP Home edition (genuine)

I used to get updates fine until recently.

I have tried going direct to the wndows upadte website and still fails. I have checked zonealarm and all looks clear so no blocking.

I am stuck what to do as I had a quick 3 messages from Microsoft suffort and could not solve issue.

I have also now started getting message appear saying low virtual memory

Any suggestions?

Friday, October 12, 2007 8:37 PM

All replies

• You might try an online scan to see if the update issue is malware related - http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/default.htm

You can also go to Windows Update and use the "Get Help" link in the left column.

Friday, October 12, 2007 9:34 PM
  • For some reason when I click on the instal tab it doesn't do anything on my latest version of internet explorer.

I have turned off pop up blocker and nothing

I have tried the email support with microsoft and also a few resolution fixes and still no good

Sorry to be a pain

Friday, October 12, 2007 9:55 PM