where to request information about terminal services development RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to ask what is the best way to call a client-side program from within a terminal services or remote desktop services session. I suspect using virtual-channels.  I also wonder if there is any good sample code available showing how this might work.  Where do I post this?

Thanks,
    Mark

Sunday, June 12, 2011 12:02 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Thanks for your post!

I would suggest posting your question in one of the forums at Microsoft Answers.

Hope this would be helpful!

Have a nice day!

Qixin Tian

STO Application Support

Server and Tools Online Operations Team

Monday, June 13, 2011 12:11 AM
  • You can post to the Windows SDK forum if you need to know if there is any SDK sample. There isn't a forum devoted to terminal service on MSDN, if you want to discuss you can probably try the General Windows Development Issues forum. But if your issue can be reproduced by using technologies available to an IT professional (e.g. command line switches, administrive tools, registry, rdp file editing in Notepad) then you can try the terminal service forum on technet.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Monday, June 13, 2011 9:11 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Thanks for your post!

I would suggest posting your question in one of the forums at Microsoft Answers.

Hope this would be helpful!

Have a nice day!

Qixin Tian

STO Application Support

Server and Tools Online Operations Team

Monday, June 13, 2011 12:11 AM
  • You can post to the Windows SDK forum if you need to know if there is any SDK sample. There isn't a forum devoted to terminal service on MSDN, if you want to discuss you can probably try the General Windows Development Issues forum. But if your issue can be reproduced by using technologies available to an IT professional (e.g. command line switches, administrive tools, registry, rdp file editing in Notepad) then you can try the terminal service forum on technet.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Monday, June 13, 2011 9:11 PM