Daily Virus scanning RRS feed

• Question

• 'Ello,

I want to have the Virus scanner to run daily in OneCare and the option is there which is fine but I cannot be certain as to when I'll have to PC on, so if I was to set the virus scan to run at 14:00 but I didn't end up turning my PC on until 15:00 would it still run after I turned it on?  Or would it be skipped until the next day?

Also if I was to use the sleep mode would this wake my PC up to do the virus scan?  I'm guessing it doesn't as from searching the forums the Tune-Up doesn't seem to wake the PC up so I guess the virus scan wouldn't but I thought I'd ask anyway.

If it helps I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate edition 64bit.

Thank you in advance, El Barto.
    Saturday, March 29, 2008 5:23 PM

Answers

• The quick scan will execute shortly after you log onto the PC if the scheduled Quick Scan time was missed due to the PC being off or asleep. It will not wake the PC from sleep to perform the quick scan or a full tune-up.

-steve

Sunday, March 30, 2008 2:05 PM

All replies

• The quick scan will execute shortly after you log onto the PC if the scheduled Quick Scan time was missed due to the PC being off or asleep. It will not wake the PC from sleep to perform the quick scan or a full tune-up.

-steve

Sunday, March 30, 2008 2:05 PM
  •  Stephen Boots wrote:

The quick scan will execute shortly after you log onto the PC if the scheduled Quick Scan time was missed due to the PC being off or asleep. It will not wake the PC from sleep to perform the quick scan or a full tune-up.

-steve

'Ello,

Just I thought it would be something like that but wasn't certain, thank you again Smile.
    Sunday, March 30, 2008 4:25 PM