Don't want to renew twice RRS feed

• Question

• My subscription was due to end 4th May 2008 but I renewed a few weeks ago by buying another retail pack and using the registration key from it. Both my Onecare accounts page and the GUI show the correct subscription end date of 4th May 2009.

However I've received an email .... Your subscription to Windows Live OneCare is scheduled to be automatically renewed on 04 May 2008. Here is a description of the service:

What do I need to do to avoid paying again please? Thanks.
    Monday, April 7, 2008 7:55 PM

Answers

• I suspect that the account system reflecting your renewal and the system sending the email renewal reminders don't talk to each other as well as they should. Unless you didn't actually renew, but reinstalled and used a different LiveID to "renew" by activating a new subscription.

In either case, the best thing to do would be to contact customer service to confirm that you don't get billed again. In the event that you do, it would be a pain, but you should then be able to get the charge reversed.

If you renewed with a key and the billing account information shows the new expiration date, the email can probably be ignored, but contacting customer service would still be a decent idea.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Tuesday, April 8, 2008 3:34 PM

All replies

• I suspect that the account system reflecting your renewal and the system sending the email renewal reminders don't talk to each other as well as they should. Unless you didn't actually renew, but reinstalled and used a different LiveID to "renew" by activating a new subscription.

In either case, the best thing to do would be to contact customer service to confirm that you don't get billed again. In the event that you do, it would be a pain, but you should then be able to get the charge reversed.

If you renewed with a key and the billing account information shows the new expiration date, the email can probably be ignored, but contacting customer service would still be a decent idea.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Tuesday, April 8, 2008 3:34 PM
  • Thanks Steve, I've contacted support by sending a copy of the message I posted here. The problem is that the person has totally misunderstood the situation and thinks I want to cancel my subscription!

This is the second time that I've had to contact customer service and on both occasions it's obvious that they didn't take the time to read the emails properly.

Thanks again.

Wednesday, April 9, 2008 5:36 PM
  • Or, sadly, they read it, but didn't understand it. :-(

-steve

Wednesday, April 9, 2008 6:50 PM