Merge records in 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

why is it that i cannot find this option any more?

Many thanks,

Yoav 

Sunday, May 25, 2014 6:12 AM

Answers

• Hi, yes I am talking about merge not activate/deactivate. Navigate to a view (accounts, contacts, or leads), highlight just 2 records, the command bar should change and merge should be an option. You may need to click on ... At the right of the command bar if it isn't in the first 5 actions (7actions if spring wave has been applied). No, merge only works on those 3 entities out of the box although I have seen 3rd party add ons to extend this to custom entities. Rob

MCTS. GAP Consulting Ltd. Microsoft Community Contributor Award 2011 & 2013

• Proposed as answer by Rob BoyersEditor Sunday, May 25, 2014 7:09 AM
    • Marked as answer by yoavti Sunday, May 25, 2014 7:12 AM
    Sunday, May 25, 2014 7:09 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi, It is still there, you can find it in the command bar when you select 2 contacts, accounts, or leads. In CRM2011, disabled buttons appeared grey but in CRM2013, disabled buttons are not shown until active. Rob

Sunday, May 25, 2014 6:58 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

Thanks for your replay - but i still don't see it,

Just to make sure - we are talking about the Merge Records option, not disable/enable records,

also does it suppose to work on custom entities?

Thanks!

Yoav

• Edited by yoavti Sunday, May 25, 2014 7:03 AM
    Sunday, May 25, 2014 7:03 AM
  • Hi, yes I am talking about merge not activate/deactivate. Navigate to a view (accounts, contacts, or leads), highlight just 2 records, the command bar should change and merge should be an option. You may need to click on ... At the right of the command bar if it isn't in the first 5 actions (7actions if spring wave has been applied). No, merge only works on those 3 entities out of the box although I have seen 3rd party add ons to extend this to custom entities. Rob

• Proposed as answer by Rob BoyersEditor Sunday, May 25, 2014 7:09 AM
    • Marked as answer by yoavti Sunday, May 25, 2014 7:12 AM
    Sunday, May 25, 2014 7:09 AM
    Answerer
  • Thanks a lot for your answer.

Best regards,

Yoav

Sunday, May 25, 2014 7:13 AM