Cannot Reinstall Live Mesh - Error 800703F7 RRS feed

• Question

• I am having a problem reinstalling my Live Mesh and it stems from another problem I had earlier this week. My Live Mesh Remote Desktop process was spawning all kinds of Problem Reporting and WinFault.exe problems. I then uninstalled Live Mesh but the service and files for Remote Desktop (wlcrasvc.exe) still existed. I removed those folders pertaining to Live Mesh that remained in the Program Files folder and got rid of the Live Mesh folders in Users\AppData\Local. I also deleted the Live Mesh folder in Machine (I think, couldve been current user)\Software\Microsoft in the registry. I tried to reinstall Live Mesh and am now trying to reinstall Live Mesh.

It says. Please reboot to fix registry corruption. Details about this corruption can be found here. The registry is corrupted. The structure of one of the files containing registry data is corrupted or the system'e memory image of the file is corrupted, or the file could not be recovered because the alternate copy or log was absent or corrupted.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010 1:54 AM

Answers

• I system restored and I got the program back as was but 1) it never got to the log-on screen, just got stuck at Live Mesh is starting and 2) I couldn't uninstall it using the command line method. It just gave me the same problem. I used the normal Add/Remove Programs and part of it went away. I still had to delete the remote desktop parts. I also deleted everything I could find in the registry as well as the Live Mesh files in AppData. No Joy.

Any help would be great. Until then, I shall use the Windows Live Mesh 2011/Windows Live Sync Beta.

Saturday, September 25, 2010 7:21 PM

All replies

• I suggest that you do a System Restore back to a point before you deleted the Live Mesh files and registry entries. It would seem that the registry is corrupt in that references to Live Mesh, which has been deleted, are still there in some form or another.

Once you've restored the PC, then uninstall Live Mesh using the procedure here:

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/LiveMesh/thread/e22e0115-98d1-47eb-b495-ff3e10acb0a6

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Wednesday, September 22, 2010 3:04 PM
  • I system restored and I got the program back as was but 1) it never got to the log-on screen, just got stuck at Live Mesh is starting and 2) I couldn't uninstall it using the command line method. It just gave me the same problem. I used the normal Add/Remove Programs and part of it went away. I still had to delete the remote desktop parts. I also deleted everything I could find in the registry as well as the Live Mesh files in AppData. No Joy.

Any help would be great. Until then, I shall use the Windows Live Mesh 2011/Windows Live Sync Beta.

Saturday, September 25, 2010 7:21 PM
  • Did your problems begin after you installed the IE9 beta? there have been many reports of issues with the remote desktop components of Mesh and IE9.

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Saturday, September 25, 2010 8:51 PM
  • It did actually happen after I installed the IE9 beta!!! Of course, now I can't install it again. I am working with Windows Live Sync Beta now, but it is very slow.
    Sunday, September 26, 2010 1:46 AM
  • If you uninstall IE9 beta, you may be able to proceed with the re-install of Live Mesh, but I don't know that for sure. And, hopefully, there will be a refresh of the Sync beta in the near future. To discuss the Live Sync beta, go to http://windowslivehelp.com - someone may be able to assist on the slowness you are experiencing.

-steve

Sunday, September 26, 2010 11:39 PM