none
How to get points for Blogs and Galleries(MCC and MVP) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

My question is if I gave answer to the question it is on Microsoft forum so I get the points straight away. But if I do blog somewhere else how do Microsoft know that I am doing blogging and my blogs/Galleries is quite popular in the community.

Another question in order to get MCC or MVP award do I need to do blogging and answer to the forum question for full one year in order to consider for that

I mean Microsoft award MCC and MVP in the start of every year or it could be any time in the year as well

I think someone might be able to reply this question in more detailed manner

Many thanks

Rone

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 1:10 AM

Answers

All replies

• MVP awards people on January 1st, April 1st, July 1st and October 1st. New MCC are awarded each month (usually at the end of the previous month).

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 2:42 AM
  • Thanks for your response <o:p></o:p>

My other question is if I gave answer to the question it is on Microsoft forum so I get
    the points straight away. But if I do blog somewhere else how do Microsoft know
    that I am doing blogging and my blogs/Galleries is quite popular in the
    community and i get the points for that.
    <o:p></o:p>

Please answer this as well<o:p></o:p>

I will be grateful for you<o:p></o:p>

Best Regards<o:p></o:p>

Rone<o:p></o:p>

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 3:11 AM
  • Blog is in the meaning of microsoft blog which can be earned only by microsoft emploee.

Gallery is meant by the visual studio gallery here:: http://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/

Hannes

If you have got questions about this, just ask.

In a perfect world,
    users would never enter data in the wrong form,
    files they choose to open would always exist
    and code would never have bugs.

C# to VB.NET: http://www.developerfusion.com/tools/convert/csharp-to-vb/

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 6:51 AM
  • I believe for Galleries contributions you can get points and medals. Only MS employees can blog on MSDN, but you can write articles in TechNet WiKi. If you would be considered for MVP, your blogs will be considered also. I don't think blogs matter for MCC award.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 12:06 PM