Can't delete record of old volume. RRS feed

• Question

• Ok did a search and can't find and answer for this.  Although I believe I read about an answer in the past.

Any how ... I recently replaced a (c) ide 40g with a sata 160g hd in one of my client machines.  I always use TI and do a backup from the old and a restore to the new.  This always works great.  Machine runs fine no problem.  Now when WHS does a backup for this client it always gives a incomplete.  Looking in detail it lists the new 160g volume as complete and also lists the old 40g volume as missing.  I have tried deleting all the backups for this client and also uninstalling the connector software.  Everytime the old volume still shows up.  I seem to remember something about having to dig a little deeper into WHS to remove reference to the old volume but can't remember the procedure.  Can any help?

Friday, June 8, 2007 12:10 PM

Answers

• apparently, this is a known issue.  I posted awhile back on this, and someone stated that it was an issue with CTP, and was fixed in a later build.. so this will be fixed in RC1.  Even removing the connector and reinstalling will not work.  You will just have to ignore the error which is what I do.  Everything is backing up fine on the machine, it just still thinks that old drive is in there and missing.  Hopefully you wont have to deal with it long if RC1 is right around the corner Smile
    Friday, June 8, 2007 2:07 PM

All replies

• You could try to delete the computer from WHS. Delete all backups, etc. Then add it back in to WHS. That's what I would try.

Cruise
    Friday, June 8, 2007 12:51 PM
  • Thanks cruise ... I guess I should have mentioned I tried all this.
    Friday, June 8, 2007 1:20 PM
  • apparently, this is a known issue.  I posted awhile back on this, and someone stated that it was an issue with CTP, and was fixed in a later build.. so this will be fixed in RC1.  Even removing the connector and reinstalling will not work.  You will just have to ignore the error which is what I do.  Everything is backing up fine on the machine, it just still thinks that old drive is in there and missing.  Hopefully you wont have to deal with it long if RC1 is right around the corner Smile
    Friday, June 8, 2007 2:07 PM
  • here is my original post.. answered by a member of the home server team.

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsHomeServer/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1543901&SiteID=50

Friday, June 8, 2007 2:10 PM
  • Thanks Mike ... I'll just deal with the error message till RC1.  I still have my Acronis backups.
    Friday, June 8, 2007 3:01 PM