Moderator for Forums RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi Moderators,

How does one become moderator for a forum in msdn ? 

Thanks,
    Gautham Pai 
    Gautham S Pai
    Tuesday, December 30, 2008 8:53 AM

All replies

• Moving to the Suggestion and Feedback for the Forums forum.

This is not a technical SharePoint question and so is wrongly placed in the SharePoint - Development and Programming forum.
    Tuesday, December 30, 2008 2:02 PM
  • Sorry mike. i didnt know where to post this question.
    Gautham S Pai
    Wednesday, December 31, 2008 1:51 AM
  • Hi Gautam,

Welcome to MSDN. Arnie Rowland, a fellow moderator and MVP has written a blog post mentioning about this. Have a look at this and let me know if you need anything else.
    http://sqlblog.com/blogs/arnie_rowland/archive/2008/10/17/when-do-you-know-that-you-know.aspx

- Deepak

Deepak | Mark the answers if it helps to solve your problem |
    Monday, January 5, 2009 10:52 AM
  • Thanks Deepak for your reply.

I understood that there is some process to be nominated as a forum moderator.
    But, the link you have specified does not mention about the process involved.
    Gautham S Pai | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, January 5, 2009 11:10 AM
  • Gautam,

There is no such official process involved in the selection of a Moderator. It happens automatically. If you start posting regularly, correctly and consistently you will be rewarded one day. You will be nominated as a moderator by the existing moderators or MSFT (MS employees) if you follow the keep doing the steps Arnie mentioned in the URL. I cannot specify the exact time frame within which you will be a moderator. It really depends on how well you perform in the forums, how helpful and polite your responses are etc. It took me 4 months of hard work. Let me know if you need anything else.

Good Luck!
    Deepak

Deepak | Mark the answers if it helps to solve your problem |
    Monday, January 5, 2009 1:21 PM