Submit a job (Open Excel)to CCS failed RRS feed

• Question

• I met with a problem when I submit a job that deals with an excel file to CCS. The problem is as follows:
    First, I have a platform of windows cluster with several nodes, and the OS of the platform is Windows server 2008 HPC edition. And I wrote a script to process an excel file, the key codes are as follows:
         xlApp = win32com.client.Dispatch('Excel.Application')
         xlBook = xlApp.Workbooks.Open(os.path.join(os.getcwd(),filename))
    The codes ran on one node of the cluster successfully ,but when I submit the job to the CCS(Cluster computing server) ,It failed when open the Excel file. The error is as follows:
    Exit code :1
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "excelProcess.py", line 128, in <module>
        case1 = ExcelProcess("\\\\ITIS-HEAD\\Users\\Administrator\\Desktop\\1\\test_hicks\\test.xls")     
      File "excelProcess.py", line 21, in __init__
        self.xlBook = self.xlApp.Workbooks.open(filename)
      File "<COMObject <unknown>>", line 2, in open
    pywintypes.com_error: (-2147352567, '\xb7\xa2\xc9\xfa\xd2\xe2\xcd\xe2\xa1\xa3', (0, u'Microsoft Office Excel', u'\u7c7b Workbooks \u7684 Open \u65b9\u6cd5\u65e0\u6548', u'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Office\\OFFICE11\\2052\\xlmain11.chm', 0, -2146827284), None)
    I had Office 2003 installed in all the nodes. And I used python2.6 to write the script. I hope that I had describe the problem clearly ,Thank you for your help.
    Wednesday, December 9, 2009 10:36 AM

Answers

• Hello.  Sorry for the very delayed response. It looks to me that you are trying to run Excel on a compute cluster in an unsupported way. Excel on the cluster is supported with Office 2010 and HPC Server 2008 R2.
    Tuesday, February 2, 2010 8:35 PM