windows live mail win7

• suddenly i am unable to send e-mails.  when i create a new e-mail it goes to the drafts folder instead of sending.  for awhile i couldn't receive mail either but i seem to have fixed that. 

i am also getting the word error on the bottom right of the screen but it doesn't say what the error is.

also, when i originally downloaded windows live mail, i didn't have to sign in.  i must have accidently changed some settings as i was having other problems as well. 

how does one check/change settings for win live mail?  i am new to win7 and am trying to learn it.

thank you

Tuesday, October 12, 2010 7:01 PM

All replies

• It looks like you are using a mail client to send mail.If your live hotmail account is free you can't use an email client to send with they block port 25. if not then your isp is blocking port 25.You can try using port 587 with authentication checked it might work.
    Thursday, October 14, 2010 5:29 PM
  • thank you
    Friday, October 15, 2010 3:18 AM
  • This is the Windows Live Writer Forum; for topics pertaining to 'Windows Live Writer'. This forum is meant to be a resource for those who are looking for more information about Writer or want to start a discussion with the Writer team and other people using Writer.

Perhaps you should be submitting your questions here:

Friday, October 15, 2010 3:21 AM