Websites not indexed in MSN/Live RRS feed

Answers

• Hi Alan,

There are various reasons why sites don't get indexed. That aside, I submitted your sites to the index. Hopefully you will see a change in a week or so.

Brett

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 10:19 PM

All replies

• Hi, Alan.

From my reading of a number of threads in this forum, I get the impression that the Live Search bot and the related processes are very spotty - prone to errors of omission and very slow at picking things up.

I have asked in another thread what our expectations should be regarding the time it takes to get indexed, but there has been no answer from the Live Search team.

I submitted a website for crawling on September 10, and it was crawled for the first time on October 10, but that crawl did not result in pages being added to the index.  I think this one was crawled within a month because the website had been there for a number of months before my submission and was already on the "crawl list" or whatever it is that guies the bot.

I submitted three websites on August 15 and none of them has been crawled, let alone indexed.

... Duane

Monday, October 20, 2008 2:50 PM
  • All the sites have been crawled by MSNBot and have been since I submitted them but they're not indexed, I don't understand why, anyone got any ideas???

Alan

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 7:53 AM
  • Hi Alan,

There are various reasons why sites don't get indexed. That aside, I submitted your sites to the index. Hopefully you will see a change in a week or so.

Brett

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 10:19 PM