OCS2k7 RCC bandwidth utilization RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Recently, i need to prepare a project of OCS2k7 Enterprise deployment with Voice integration(Only RCC) with Cisco CallManage 6.2 and CUPS 6.0.4. Because the location of OCS server and Cisco server is hosted on different site.

For example:

OCS2k7 Enterprise Edition server

Cisco Call manager and CUPS

OCS User:

For this point of view, i need to calculate the bandwidth utilization for each user using RCC feacture. For example. if there is a incoming call from PSTN to user desktop phone, Cisco CUPS server will send signal to OCS server and then OCS server will ring the OCS client.

For this interaction, how can i calculate the bandwidth and how much bandwitdh will be used for each RCC signaling? Thanks a lot for your help.

Best Regards
    Kenneth Chow
    Friday, October 31, 2008 1:13 AM

All replies

• The TR87 signalling messages used to perform RCC are very small in size and will hardly be a factor when measuring bandwidth demand but here is a great reference document on TR87 signalling that will allow you to document your bandwidth requirements.  http://www.ecma-international.org/publications/techreports/E-TR-087.htm

Friday, October 31, 2008 4:59 AM
  • Hi Steve,

Thanks a lot for your help. But there is no sepecify how much bandwidth will be used in each RCC signaling. Do you have any more reference for this question. Thanks.

Best Regards

Kenneth Chow

Friday, October 31, 2008 2:34 PM
  • Average RCC message has around a 350-500 byte payload.  You can get more precise measure by executing call scenarios and running a packet caputure.

Friday, October 31, 2008 6:23 PM