none
Search function in Explorer on the server? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm surprised I can't find anything about this in the forums ( I hope I'm not having troubles with my own search functions as well...) but: when checking functions on the server I sometimes like to search for files from Windows Explorer. I do have a search button in Explorer, but that does not seem to work. Right-clicking on a folder does not show a search function at all.

Is there anything I'm overlooking? Any advice how to search for file or file contents on the server?

(And yes, I know, that's not supported WHS functionality, but when debugging or testing...)

Thanks, Jan

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 7:35 PM

All replies

•  When I open up explorer and click on the search, nothing happens. My guess is, WHS forces you to use the Windows Desktop Search on the taskbar.

Windows Desktop Search is not set indexing those files. I guess you could add those to your index if you like, but then when you log on remotely, and do a seach, the search result will also show those files.

To add C drive or D drive to your index. Right click on the magifier glass on the taskbar>Widows Desktop Search Options>Modify. Then you can choose what to add to the index

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 7:43 PM