none
WCF access 1st time works fine, but return error when accessed 2nd time gives exception "An error occurred while receiving the HTTP response to service Thiss could be due to the service endpoint binding not using the HTTP" RRS feed

• Question

• I m having a very strange behavior from WCF. When I access my WCF through a console application it successfully returns results. But on second time access with in 30 minutes it give below exception:

"An error occurred while receiving the HTTP response to service Thiss could be due to the service endpoint binding not using the HTTP protocol. This could also be due to an HTTP request context being aborted by the server (possibly due to the service shutting down). See server logs for more details."

If I give this service 30 minutes of unattempted span, it is successfully re-accessed. But same problem comes with immediate successive attempts.

Same is the case while adding a reference, 1st reference can be added successfully. If you delete that reference and try add new immediately, Visual Studio cannot discover the service. While service is accessible through browser.

Restarting my machine helps, But service can only be accessed once after restart, for the next attempt same issue comes.

Can somebody please help me on the problem.

Thanks.

Rao

Monday, August 15, 2011 11:15 AM

All replies