What certifications will help my credentials for a Solution Architect role RRS feed

• Question

• Hi  All,

I have 9 yrs of IT exp on microsoft technologies. I am willing to become a full-time solution architect on .Net technologies. What certifications shall help me stand out as I am architecting solutions in my current role but want to change over to a more serious company with the right attitude to such a job role?

Thanks in advance.
    Monday, January 19, 2009 10:00 AM

Answers

• This is quite a difficult. I am always loathe to recommend a cert that people may not pass.

The MCA Solutions would be your best bet, but being extremely honest, I dont think you would have the required experience for it. Mainly you should be working in the Architect role for a number of years

"Successful candidates for the solutions architecture certification generally have more than 10 years of experience in IT, and three or more years of specific architectural experience."

What I would suggest is that you might look at getting the MCPD and then also looking at LEAP which is run by certain MS locations around the world such as Holland and Norway. This will allow you to get into the architect role and work with existing architects to hone and refine your skill set.

Hope that helps

MCP,MCAD,MCSD.NET,MCTS*7,MCPD*3,MCITP*2,MCDBA Blog: http://certsandprogs.blogspot.com
    Monday, January 19, 2009 11:47 AM