CRM 2013 and Sharepoint 2013 integration with multiple sub-sites RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Working on CRM and sharepoint integration, configured it and integration works fine. I have some additional requirement and looking at the possibilities and options to implement it, any help would be appreciated.

Below is the requirement,

Right now, CRM is configured for one of the sharepoint site, our idea is to have separate sub-sites under the main site for each individual department, lets say Sales and Support, maintain the access permissions at these sub-site level.

I have setup these sub-sites along with main site in CRM as Sharepoint sites, but when am uploading the documents, the document location is set to the "default site(main site)\entity name\record name_guid", I can stop that and have the option to select a different SharePoint folder. 

There are few issues with this option.

1. Users may or may not be interested to do this, looking at some automated option,

for ex: for Case entity, the location should default to Support sub-site\Case\Record_Guid.

2. If I give the folder path(say incident folder) under the sub-site manually by clicking on Add location, I can see all the folders available under this folder on each case record, which is not fine.

Basically, I am looking at an option to store as below.

<Site>\Sub-site(Support)\Case\Record_Guid - documents of Record_Guid goes here.

<Site>\Sub-site(Sales)\Opportunity\Record_Guid - - documents of Record_Guid goes here.

Regards

Jeevan

Regards Jeevan Please vote for me if you find the answer is useful.

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 10:04 AM

All replies

• Hi,

One of the ways to achieve this could be to store the entity and the document location in a configuration entity. And write plug-in which derives the path based on entity name and whatever other parameters are needed. In the plug-in write the documents to relevant SharePoint location and store the document location in the OOTB entity.

However this does mean that you are using OOTB CRM to SharePoint integration only for storing document location which is not the best. However what you are trying to achieve can be achieved.

Hope this helps.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Minal Dahiya
    blog : http://minaldahiya.blogspot.com.au/

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 10:26 AM