About Distribution group - please help RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone
     Few days ago I installed OCS 2007 Standard Edition. I have a problem with distribuiton group. I created Distribuiton group in Active Directory, then enable group expansion in Web Commponets. My problem is that when I start to search user in Office Communicator I get list of user who I can add to my contact (it's OK) but when I want to find and add Distribution group from AD I don't see them on the list. Please help.
    In my plan I would like to create Distribution group in AD and then add them to my contact list in OC.

Monday, June 2, 2008 1:04 PM

All replies

• The address book, which supplies the Communicator search results, is updated each night.  If you created this group today then it will not appear in your search results until tomorrow.  You can force an update of the address book by running abserver -syncnow from the command line (abserver.exe is located in <drive>:\program files\microsoft office communications server 2007\server\core\).

It will take a few minutes to update the address book - watch the event log for a completion event.  Once it is complete log out of Communicator and back in to receive the updated address book.
    Monday, June 2, 2008 1:14 PM
  • This article details the steps to update and verify the results (via the Applicaiton Log):

http://blogs.pointbridge.com/Blogs/schertz_jeff/Pages/Post.aspx?_ID=17

But if you created those groups in AD "a few days ago" then timing is probably not the issue.

Monday, June 2, 2008 3:33 PM
  • Hi
    Thanks for all help Smile Now it's working
    Wednesday, June 4, 2008 9:12 AM