Office Professional 2007 non validation RRS feed

• Question

•  Hi

I'm not sure why my machine has (if I understand it right) three copies of xp loaded. I've unistalled vision (although I bought this via ebay with what I believed was a valid license). I can quote the serial number on the Office Pro 2007 if that helps (but I'm not sure whether doing it on this public forum represents a security risk. If you have an e-mail address I can send to that).

I'm contacting the retailer, (who advertises on google in the UK), but I want to get this system legal asap, so any advice on whether I can check the issue with the current license (which I still believe to be valid) would be appreciated.

• Edited by nickwray Friday, October 30, 2009 10:37 AM
    Saturday, October 24, 2009 4:51 PM

Answers

• Hello nickwray,

Here is a snippet of your mgadiag report:

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 114 Blocked VLK 2
    Microsoft Office XP Professional with FrontPage - 114 Blocked VLK 2

Microsoft Visio Professional 2002 [English] - 100 Genuine
    Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007 - 108 Invalid VLK
    OGA Version: Registered, 2.0.48.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Office Diagnostics: 025D1FF3-230-1_E2AD56EA-765-d003_E2AD56EA-766-0_E2AD56EA-134-80004005

Your computer has three Office family programs installed:  Office XP Pro, Office Pro Plus 2007, and Visio 2002.

As you can see by the report, two of the three, Office XP Pro and Office Pro Plus 2007, are nongenuine volume licensing editions of their respective versions of Office.

The installed Office Professional Plus 2007 is an edition of Office that is sold only thru the Volume Licensing program to businesses, educational institutions and governmental agencies.  This installation was done with an invalid Product Key made by a pirating program known as a Key Generator.  The product key was NOT issued by Microsoft, making it Invalid.

Your installation of Office XP Pro with Front Page is a Volume Licensing edition of Office XP Pro, and a Blocked Volume Licensing Key (VLK) was used to install it.  A "blocked" VLK is one that was issued by Microsoft to a business, educational institution, or governmental agency for their exclusive use in accordance with a Volume Licensing Agreement.  (Note that such use does NOT allow the resale of such VLKs.)  However, because the VLK may have been reported lost, stolen, or compromised to the internet by the original keyholder, or because the Volume Licensing Agreement has expired, Microsoft has blocked the VLK from further use.

Your computer also has an installation of a Volume License for Visio 2002.  Just like the volume licenses for Office, this installation of Visio, regardless of whether the product key is genuine or not, is a nongenuine use of the product if such use is not covered by a current and valid Volume Licensing Agreement.

If you are an individual consumer, you should never have been sold Volume Licensing materials such as a VL CD, and you certainly should not have received a Blocked Product Key.

Your first course of action is to confront your seller with this information and demand either a full refund or to receive the genuine software you paid for.

If the seller refuses to help, please file a piracy report at www.microsoft.com/piracy.  Also, depending upon whether you received "high quality" counterfeit materials, you may qualify for the Office Complimentary Offer or for the Office Genuine Advantage discounted offer.  Please see the FAQ here:  http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/downloads/FAQ.aspx?displaylang=en#ID0EKNAC

One other possibility is that at one time your computer did have a Genuine installation of Office installed, but for some reason it was replaced with the current installations which are nongenuine.  This could have happened if you took your computer to a repair shop and they reinstalled Windows and/or some or all of your programs.  You Get Genuine once again by uninstalling the current nongenuine installations of Office and using your Genuine Microsoft hologrammed Office installation CDs, along with the genuine Product Key found on your Office Edition's Certificate of Authenticity, to put back the genuine installation of Office you may have already had on the computer.
    For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, October 27, 2009 10:04 PM
    Sunday, October 25, 2009 2:09 AM

All replies

• Hello nickwray,

Here is a snippet of your mgadiag report:

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 114 Blocked VLK 2
    Microsoft Office XP Professional with FrontPage - 114 Blocked VLK 2

Microsoft Visio Professional 2002 [English] - 100 Genuine
    Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007 - 108 Invalid VLK
    OGA Version: Registered, 2.0.48.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Office Diagnostics: 025D1FF3-230-1_E2AD56EA-765-d003_E2AD56EA-766-0_E2AD56EA-134-80004005

Your computer has three Office family programs installed:  Office XP Pro, Office Pro Plus 2007, and Visio 2002.

As you can see by the report, two of the three, Office XP Pro and Office Pro Plus 2007, are nongenuine volume licensing editions of their respective versions of Office.

The installed Office Professional Plus 2007 is an edition of Office that is sold only thru the Volume Licensing program to businesses, educational institutions and governmental agencies.  This installation was done with an invalid Product Key made by a pirating program known as a Key Generator.  The product key was NOT issued by Microsoft, making it Invalid.

Your installation of Office XP Pro with Front Page is a Volume Licensing edition of Office XP Pro, and a Blocked Volume Licensing Key (VLK) was used to install it.  A "blocked" VLK is one that was issued by Microsoft to a business, educational institution, or governmental agency for their exclusive use in accordance with a Volume Licensing Agreement.  (Note that such use does NOT allow the resale of such VLKs.)  However, because the VLK may have been reported lost, stolen, or compromised to the internet by the original keyholder, or because the Volume Licensing Agreement has expired, Microsoft has blocked the VLK from further use.

Your computer also has an installation of a Volume License for Visio 2002.  Just like the volume licenses for Office, this installation of Visio, regardless of whether the product key is genuine or not, is a nongenuine use of the product if such use is not covered by a current and valid Volume Licensing Agreement.

If you are an individual consumer, you should never have been sold Volume Licensing materials such as a VL CD, and you certainly should not have received a Blocked Product Key.

Your first course of action is to confront your seller with this information and demand either a full refund or to receive the genuine software you paid for.

If the seller refuses to help, please file a piracy report at www.microsoft.com/piracy.  Also, depending upon whether you received "high quality" counterfeit materials, you may qualify for the Office Complimentary Offer or for the Office Genuine Advantage discounted offer.  Please see the FAQ here:  http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/downloads/FAQ.aspx?displaylang=en#ID0EKNAC

One other possibility is that at one time your computer did have a Genuine installation of Office installed, but for some reason it was replaced with the current installations which are nongenuine.  This could have happened if you took your computer to a repair shop and they reinstalled Windows and/or some or all of your programs.  You Get Genuine once again by uninstalling the current nongenuine installations of Office and using your Genuine Microsoft hologrammed Office installation CDs, along with the genuine Product Key found on your Office Edition's Certificate of Authenticity, to put back the genuine installation of Office you may have already had on the computer.
    For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, October 27, 2009 10:04 PM
    Sunday, October 25, 2009 2:09 AM
  • Hi

I contacted my Office retailer who has not responded. I filled in an online form to register a counterfeit copy of Office a week or two ago, as I feel that I may qualify for a complimentary offer. I've not heard anything to date. Is there anything else I should do or need to do at this point?
    Monday, November 9, 2009 12:27 PM
  • Hi

I contacted my Office retailer who has not responded. I filled in an online form to register a counterfeit copy of Office a week or two ago, as I feel that I may qualify for a complimentary offer. I've not heard anything to date. Is there anything else I should do or need to do at this point?
    Monday, November 9, 2009 12:27 PM
  • Hello nickwray,

If you only submitted a piracy report at www.microsoft.com/piracy, your report was most likely received and acknowledged by Microsoft, but that report does not apply for the complimentary replacement.

In order to participate in the Office Genuine Offer, which offers complimentary replacement for Office if you qualify and offers discounted sales of Office if you do not qualify for the Complimentary Offer, you have to initiate the application by clicking on the "Learn More Online" link that is in the nongenuine notices being displayed on your screen.  An application for the Complimentary Office will include filling out and printing an online purchase report, and also sending your sales receipt or equivalent and the suspected counterfeit Office materials (CDs, packaging, manuals, etc) to Microsoft for evaluation.

Look for the links to the Complimentary Offer once you get to the Learn More Online pages.
    Monday, November 9, 2009 1:36 PM