Redirection of URL for the virtual directorty in IIS 7.5 RRS feed

• Question

• How to add a redirection to a URL for the virtual directory created in IIS 7.5 on Windows server 2008 R2.

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Friday, March 18, 2011 6:48 AM IIS question. No reference to SharePoint and SP is not relevant in any answer (From:SharePoint - Setup, Upgrade, Administration and Operation (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Thursday, March 17, 2011 9:51 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Make sure HTTP Redirect is installed in your Server

1.To do this Go to Server Manager > Roles > Web Server (IIS) > Role Services.

2. Check whether "HTTP Redirection" is installed, if not install it using "ADD ROLE SERVICES"

3.Now go to Inetmgr>sites> your SharePoint Web app > Create a Virtual Directory (Services) under this web app.

4. Right Click on virtual Directory(Services) > Click on "Switch to feature view" (this is a defualt view)> Clcik on "HTTP Redirect"

5. Enable the Check Box "Redirect Requests to this destination"

6. provide your URL "www.abc.com/programs/ourservices/Pages/Home.aspx" and change the "Status code to permanent(301)

Good Luck!!

------------

Vinod

• Marked as answer by maheshmartha Monday, March 21, 2011 10:59 PM
    Monday, March 21, 2011 7:57 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Not clear of the question..

1. Is this a SharePoint site or Just a .Net application hosted on Windows 2008 R2?

2. can you provide what exactly you want to do with an example of urls?

-------

Vinod

Friday, March 18, 2011 3:33 AM
  • This is a Sharepoint Site which is hosted on IIS 7.5 of Windows Server 2008 R2. I want to rename the site collection Ex: www.abc.com/programs/ourservices/Pages/Home.aspx  to www.abc.com/services

by creating a virtual directory in IIS and redirecting the url which i very well do every time in iis6.0 but i don't see any option in windows server 2008r2 to rediect the url. so could anyone tell me where is the option to redirect the URL in IIS 7.5 of windows server 2008 r2.

Thanks in Advance.

Friday, March 18, 2011 2:43 PM
  • Hi,

Make sure HTTP Redirect is installed in your Server

1.To do this Go to Server Manager > Roles > Web Server (IIS) > Role Services.

2. Check whether "HTTP Redirection" is installed, if not install it using "ADD ROLE SERVICES"

3.Now go to Inetmgr>sites> your SharePoint Web app > Create a Virtual Directory (Services) under this web app.

4. Right Click on virtual Directory(Services) > Click on "Switch to feature view" (this is a defualt view)> Clcik on "HTTP Redirect"

5. Enable the Check Box "Redirect Requests to this destination"

6. provide your URL "www.abc.com/programs/ourservices/Pages/Home.aspx" and change the "Status code to permanent(301)

Good Luck!!

------------

Vinod

• Marked as answer by maheshmartha Monday, March 21, 2011 10:59 PM
    Monday, March 21, 2011 7:57 AM