none
Visual Studio Emulator for Android - Network Configuration? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to work out how to setup up the networking for the Visual Studio Emulator for Android.

It seems to launch ok, however when I launch the built in browser the is not internet connectivity. I was expecting once u select the machine type it downloads and cofigures the network settings.

Is my expectations incorrect here? What are the steps I need to do to make it work?

Tlhanks,

Ward

• Moved by 宝宝徐 Thursday, June 22, 2017 5:38 AM
    Sunday, June 11, 2017 4:59 PM

All replies

• Hi Ward,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

>>I was  expecting once u select the machine type it downloads and cofigures the network settings .

Currently, there is not such a workaround to the network settings.

As we know, actually the Visual Studio Emulator for Android is a kind of Hyper-V. Refer to Configure Networking , once you set the adapter at the first time well, it will choose the adapter automatically every time later. 

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by 宝宝徐 Monday, June 12, 2017 8:03 AM
    • Proposed as answer by 宝宝徐 Tuesday, June 13, 2017 6:11 AM
    Monday, June 12, 2017 8:03 AM
  • Hi,

Please have a look at this article to troubleshot this issue and make sure your network meet the requirements. You could also have a look at the following threads which has the similar issue with you:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/30021277/how-to-connect-visual-studio-2015-android-emulator-to-network

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/32797558/no-internet-connection-for-visual-studio-android-emulator?noredirect=1&lq=1

Since our forum is to discuss the Visual Studio Setup and Installation, you could ask a question on StackOverflow using the android-emulator and visual-studio tags. Thank you for understanding.

Best regards,

Joyce 

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by 宝宝徐 Wednesday, June 14, 2017 9:02 AM
    Tuesday, June 13, 2017 7:54 AM