Import productpricelevels: update if exist, add new if not exists RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, 

how can i configure the standard excel import function of crm2013, that 

if an entry exists, it should be overriden

and if not exists, it will be created new?

Now, if an entry exists, it gives an error:

"This product and unit combination has a price for this price list"

Ok, i think, great, then please update the fields of the existing record.

THX for any help.
    Greetings Peb

Friday, May 22, 2015 1:57 PM

All replies

• Hello,

If you are looking for out of box, you need to take this requirement in two steps, like if you want to update existing data, export your existing data in excel and update and import back to crm. And for new record setup a new csv and import.

But you can also do custom development where you can import single file and during import of this file you can run your custom logic which will check if there is already existing data based on some set of parameter, update otherwise create new.

Thanks.

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Training|Our Blog | Follow US | Our Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Saturday, May 23, 2015 1:31 PM
  • Hi Mod.

thx. I understood, but the problem is still there, because, 

what can i do if i want to import new prices by interface... i mean if you cannot go the way to export existing records because you only have the new records.

I can describe, what fields must match, that this is a record to update in crm.

The only thing i need, is to stop the dublikates-check, this means:

NOT: I found a dublikate ... give an error, that this is not possible 
    SAY:
    YES, i found the record. GOOD, then update the record with the entries auf the Import-File.

But i think, this isnt possible?! ... CRAZY CRM!!!!

THX, Greets Peb

Tuesday, May 26, 2015 10:34 AM