Verifying digital signature in Excel 2003 RRS feed

• Question

• I am currently having trouble with verifying the digital signature in a excel file. The digital signature is used to sign the Macro so that it is possible to authenticate and ensure that no one has tamper with the Macro.

Currently, I am able to check that the excel file is digitally signed. However, I can't seem to be able to verify and ensure that the digital signature is authentic. I'm using asp.net 3.5 with vb.net.

Can anyone please advise how I can do that?

Regards,
    Kiev

Kiev
    • Moved by Cindy Meister MVP Tuesday, May 25, 2010 6:22 AM not VSTO-related (From:Visual Studio Tools for Office)
    Monday, May 24, 2010 6:23 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello ,

Thank you for your post!  I would suggest posting your question in the 'Microsoft Office Customization and Programming located here:  http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/officeprog/threads

Have a great day!

Thanks!

SachinW Tier 2 Application Support Server and Tools Online Operations Team
    • Proposed as answer by SachinW Tuesday, May 25, 2010 11:25 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Kiev Wednesday, May 26, 2010 1:07 AM
    Tuesday, May 25, 2010 11:25 AM
  • Hi SachinW,

I am not trying to verify the digital signature using macros. I am actually trying to do it by ASP.Net 3.5. So I think 'Microsoft Office Customization and Programming' is not the right place to post my question. Anyway, I've been reposting a couple of times already and I would really like it if there is someone who could offer me some direction on solving the problem

Thanks.

Kiev
    Wednesday, May 26, 2010 1:05 AM
  • Try asking here: www.forums.asp.net.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Thursday, June 7, 2012 7:06 AM